Well, that was fast. It seems like we just wrapped up last year's AMWA conference blog, and now it is time to gear up for the Jacksonville meeting, which gets under way late Wednesday.
A few things to think about before you head to Florida, or in my case, a different part of Florida:
- Lori Alexander, editor of the AMWA Journal, has a nice post over at her blog mentioning some of the great benefits such as museum discounts that she and the other local arrangements coordinators have made for conference attendees. You can also read about the Florida Chapter's drive to collect donations for Hubbard House, a Jacksonville shelter for victims of domestic violence.
- The clock is ticking down on making arrangements for the discounted rate ($16) for the airport shuttle. Reservations must be made 48 hours before arrival to get the discounted rate.
- Read "Maximize Your Conference Experience" on the AMWA Web site, so that you can, you know, maximize your conference experience.
- The AMWA Conference blog is always looking for more contributors. If you know how to write, you know how to blog. If you are interested in contributing, please get in touch with me. I edit all posts and take care of getting them up on the blog. In addition to text, I would also be happy to consider photographs, audio, and video contributions. The more voices, the better the blog. E-mail me at VictoriaJWhite@gmail.com.
- Follow official AMWA tweets at: http://twitter.com/AmMedWriters. If you are tweeting about the conference, please use the hashtag #amwa11 so it will be easy for people to find tweets about the conference.